Fresh-Peach Drop Cookies
Ingredients (makes 4 dozen)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour + 2 tbsp.
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 stick (8 tbsp.) unsalted butter, room temp.
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 lg. ripe peaches: peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/4-in. dice (about 1 3/4 c.)
- 1/2 c. peach jam or preserves
- 2 tbsp. fine sanding sugar
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375F. Whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Beat butter and granulated sugar with a mixer on med. high speed until pale fluffy (abt. 4 min).
- Reduce speed to low and beat in egg and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture and beat until just combined.
- Add peaches and jam, and beat until just combined.
- Using a tablespoon, drop dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment, spacing about 2 in. apart.
- Combine sanding sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle each cookie with 1/8 tsp. of the mix.
- Bake cookies, rotating sheets halfway through until golden brown and just set, 11 to 13 min. Let cool on sheets for 5 min. and then transfer them to wire racks to cool completely.